Binding Machines Buyers Guide
If you've never bought a binding machine before then you may not be aware of the huge range of machines available and that there isn't just one binding type. Choosing the right product can be a time consuming and daunting process so here we will try to help show you how to choose the correct machine for your individual needs. Once you know what you need, you can use our unique Binding Wizard to narrow down the choices and make an informed decision.
1. Decide what you want to bind and how often
There are 3 main types of usage:
- INFORMAL - (Internal Documents) - Use for photos, training materials as well as storage and reference documents - Select Home or Small Office Use
- BUSINESS - (Internal & External Documents) - Use your document to impress during client meetings or internal use to say something about you and self promote - Select Small or General Office Use
- PROFESSIONAL - (External Documents) - Use for pitches, tenders and client presentations as well as important individual documents - Select Professional Use
Also note that it is worth considering that all binding machines require some kind of operator input in order to bind the documents. If you are binding large quantities of documents then it will save lots of time (and money) to purchase a machine with an electric punch that can be operated by a foot pedal as this will speed up the process and reduce operator fatigue.
3. Choose the front and back cover to suit your style and add those finishing touches
- PVC covers have a clear, glossy finish to show off your title page
- Polypropylene covers are frosted clear and will also make great front covers but have the added advantage that they are made from 100% post-consumer recycled material
- Cardboard covers offer a variety of textures and colours and are a perfect choice for your back cover
For the perfect finishing touch, choose tab dividers to easily separate and identify sections and file strips allow you to easily archive your bound documents.
For a detailed explanation of the different presentation covers available then please visit our Binding Covers Explained article.
Please note that all specifications are based on 70gsm paper.